Directions: Choose the word that best completes the analogy.
1. devout : blasphemous :: uninhibited :
2. janitor : mop :: painter :
3. chief : tribe :: executive :
Directions: Choose the word or set of words that makes the most sense when inserted into the sentence and that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
4. You can just make out the shapes of the rocks on the bottom of the ______ river.
5. Dave finally found the photographs, after hours spent _____ through drawers.
1. D. Devout and blasphemous are opposites, as are uninhibited and constrained.
2. A. A mop is one of the tools used by a janitor, while a brush is one of the tools used by a painter.
3. A. A chief is the leader of a tribe, while an executive is the leader of a business.
4. D. Something that is translucent can barely be seen through.
5. C. Another word for digging through a bunch of loose material is rummaging.
Last Updated: 06/14/2014